The former Dairy on Rosendale Road, once an Express Dairies depot, has been a sorry sight for many years. It ceased to operate as a dairy in 1981 and was later used for storage and gradually fell ever further into decay. The Society, especially through the work of John Brunton, who lives round the corner, has been advocating the need to find a new use for the site and now it looks as if an answer can be found.
The site has been acquired by North London developers Lipman Properties who will shortly be putting in a planning application for housing on the site. The scheme will retain the characteristic façade of the old dairy dating from 1906, a structure that is locally listed.