The Herne Hill Society
Herne Hill is the area of South London that broadly corresponds to the postal district SE24. The Society was founded nearly 40 years ago. It is an independent charity funded by members’ subscriptions, and democratically run by an annually elected Committee of unpaid volunteers.
What we do:
- Examine and comment on planning applications and local developments
- Publish Herne Hill magazine on paper and online three times a year and deliver it free to our members
- Research the history of Herne Hill and its inhabitants
- Publish and sell books about Herne Hill, Lambeth and Southwark
- Make small_grants [PDF] to projects of benefit to Herne Hill and its residents
- Anyone can join for just £10 a year!