The Herne Hill Society
Herne Hill is the area of South London that broadly corresponds to the postal district SE24. The Society, which now has nearly 400 members, was founded in 1982. It is an independent charity funded by members’ subscriptions, and democratically run by a Committee of unpaid volunteers who are elected annually.
To join or to renew annual membership, push the green button!
What we do:
- Examine and comment on planning applications and local developments
- Publish Herne Hill magazine on paper and online three times a year, and deliver it free to our members
- Research the history of Herne Hill and its inhabitants
- Publish and sell books about Herne Hill, Lambeth and Southwark – most recently about John Ruskin’s life in South London
- Make small_grants [PDF] to projects of benefit to Herne Hill and its residents
- Run a local Excellence Awards scheme – launched this April
- Anyone can join for just £10 a year!
You can donate to the Herne Hill Society. Click on the green button.