Herne Hill is the area of South London that corresponds to the postal district SE24. Our Society was founded over 30 years ago. We are what is often known as an amenity society: an independent charity funded by members’ subscriptions, and democratically run by elected volunteers.
We are delighted to have Brockwell Vets, WBC and Tutor Doctor Dulwich as Corporate Members of the Society.
Ready to join? You can join online now, or by post. Annual cost per household is no more than £8.00.
Go to payment page->
So what do we do?
* Organise a monthly programme on topics of local interest… Read more->
* Publish items of local interest on the web and in our Herne Hill magazine… Read more->
* We make small grants to projects of benefit to Herne Hill and its residents… Read more->
* Investigate and record local history… Read more->
* Promote improvements to local amenities… Read more ->
* Comment on planning applications and local developments… Read more->
* Publish and sell books and maps about Herne Hill and neighbouring areas… Read more->
* Exhibit at the Lambeth Country Show, Lambeth Archives Day and other local events… Read more->
We are members of:
* The London Forum of Amenity and Civic Societies
* Lambeth Local History Forum
* The Lambeth Community Police Consultative Group
* The Southwark Community Police Consultative Group
* Lambeth Transport Forum
* National Council of Voluntary Organisations
Why not join us? The annual cost is a maximum of £8.00 per household, and you will receive Herne Hill magazine four times a year.
Find out more
We publish the Herne Hill Society Blog and are active on Twitter and Facebook.
Winner of the 2013 London Forum Media Award for best website
The Herne Hill Society website has been selected for preservation by the British Library as part of the work of the UK Web Archiving Consortium.