Buying books from the Herne Hill Society
We stock and sell books about Herne Hill, Lambeth and Southwark. They are obtainable online, at our meetings at Herne Hill United Church Hall, and at local fairs and markets such as the Lambeth Country Show.
The following were all researched, written and published by the Society.
* Read about The Pubs of Dulwich and Herne Hill (£9.50) Buy online ->
You can also buy them from local shops, including Herne Hill Books. [external link]
The following acclaimed books are also available from us online:
* River Effra: South London’s secret spine | Jon Newman (£9.50) Buy online ->
Lambeth Archives titles
* Lambeth Architecture 1965-99 | Edmund Bird & Fiona Price (£10.00) Buy online ->
How to order from us - UK only
* You can buy books or join the Society through PayPal with a credit or debit card. You do not need to open a PayPal account. Choose ‘Check out as a guest’ if you do not have or do not wish to create a PayPal account.
Payment by cheque
How to order from us - trade terms
We offer publisher discounts to the book trade: 33.3% for 10 or more copies; 25% for five to nine copies.
How to order from us - overseas only
* Rest of Europe: add £3.50 P&P for one book, £6.00 for two or three (any titles)
Tick box that says ‘I will pay the fee’.
Then add a note in the message field at the bottom of the page to tell us:
* Your name and address
We will send your order within 10 days.
Jeffrey Rumble’s booklet A Brockwell Boy (published by the Society in 2000) is out of print, but you can read it in an interactive format on the Issuu website, a free service supported by advertising.
Milkwood Estate: The Story of a Lambeth Community (published by the Society in 2009) is also out of print, but can be read here.
It can also be consulted at the British Library. Shelfmark YK.2010.a.25355